A challenging 5700km across 10 days, recreating the original 1968 London-Sydney Marathon. For the first time in 53 years, where possible, the Perth to Sydney Marathon 2022 rally event will be following the original route from Perth to Sydney.
We are pleased to have Ampol as our official main sponsor as the company is committed to powering electric vehicles in Australia with the launch of AmpCharge, it’s new fast electric vehicle charging infrastructure rolling out in Ampol sites across the country. To learn more about Ampol AmpCharge visit.
TOCEVA will be participating in this historic even, but to make it more interesting we’ll also be powering the Tesla solely with renewable energy while in a field of around 80 fossil fuel powered cars!
Why are we doing this?
• EVs can complete very long trips on difficult roads – promoting EV acceptance
• Renewables are alternatives for EV charging in remote areas
• The brand is supporting community sustainability projects
• Massive world firsts can be achieved “Down Under”
How will this massive feat be achieved?
We will deploy 3 first‐of‐a‐kind assets:
• A rally prepared Tesla Model 3 (Green Theme)
• A mobile Biofil 80kw EV charger
• A mobile 150 kwh battery 80kw EV charger
• A one-of-a-kind Kona Electron transfer vehicle
The dedicated team of volunteer charging crew will will leap frog the charging assets along the route to optimize charging ahead of Green Theme.
How can I be involved?
There are a number of ‘meet-ups’ planned along the route, in each state, where enthusiasts can join in the excitement and cheer on the team. Click the links below to go to the Tesla Owners Club Australia events page(s) where you can register your interest (Note: you dont need to be a member to register):
October 28th – Milling (WA)
November 1st – Port Augusta (SA)
November 3rd – Jerilderie (NSW)
November 4th – Lakes Entrance (Vic)
November 5th – Cooma, (NSW)
November 6th – Sydney, (NSW)